The 49th day of the war against the Russian invaders in Ukraine continues. has compiled business, political, and economic news that will help you learn more about the situation in the country that has been fighting for its right to exist for more than a month.
The major developments of the day are:
- Units of the 36th Marine Brigade battled through to tie in with the Azov Regiment in Mariupol for joint combat operations against the Russian invaders. This was reported by Oleksiy Arestovych, advisor to the President.
- Presidents of Poland Andrzej Duda, Lithuania Gitanas Nauseda, Latvia Egils Levits, and Estonia Alar Karis visited the destroyed Borodianka. Nauseda said that the brutal war crimes committed by the Russian army would not go unpunished.
- The German parliament has agreed on the delivery of heavy military hardware to Ukraine, Markus Faber, a member of the Bundestag from the Free Democratic Party (FDP) and a member of the parliamentary group on defense policy, reported.
- Members of the Norwegian Parliament are in favor of handing over advanced missile weapons to Ukraine. This refers to the NSM anti-ship missiles and the NASAMS air defense system. In his address to the Norwegian parliament on March 30, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy asked for NASAMS mobile air defense systems and Harpoon anti-ship missiles to be provided to Ukraine.
- Speaker of the Georgian Parliament Shalva Papuashvili confirmed his readiness to visit Ukraine together with the parliamentary delegation, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Ruslan Stefanchuk reported.
- The European People's Party stated the need to provide Ukraine with the European Union’s political protection, including immediate status as an EU candidate, the party tweeted.
- The EU Council announced on Wednesday that it had agreed on a third tranche of 500 million euros in aid to Ukraine, thus increasing it to 1.5 billion euros. The Council's communiqué states that the agreed measures will finance both the supply of personal protective equipment, first aid kits, and fuel by EU countries, as well as lethal equipment for defense purposes.
- On April 12, the government allocated an additional 2.3 billion UAH for the Affordable Loans 5-7-9 program, under which the state compensates the interest rate. Now every entrepreneur can get a loan at 0% in the amount of up to 60 million UAH. The interest of the bank will be paid by the government. The Cabinet of Ministers also allocated 200 million UAH to the Ministry of Economy to provide compensation to employers for the employment of migrants.
- Nova Poshta has joined the UN World Food Program (WFP): as part of cooperation, the company gets food from European countries, forms food packages from them and delivers them to settlements according to the UN's vision, primarily to the hot spots of Ukraine, the company’s press service reported. It is noted that the UN is compiling a list of priority cities and villages, focusing on the places of hostilities and regions that are threatened with a humanitarian catastrophe.
- The mobile operator Kyivstar has launched the service of SMS-message Online Again so that callers can find out that their relatives or friends have appeared in the operator's cellphone range. To receive a message that a has came back in the network, one needs to send an SMS message with the special code *D# and any text message to the number. The request remains active for 5 days. If during this time the caller does not get in touch, the operator will notify about this and offer to resend the request.
- We have already reported about the news in the chronicle of the economic war against Russia as of April 13th.
- In addition, has covered the combat losses of the Russian invaders as of April 13, 2022.