The EU Council has approved the European Commission's proposals for vaccination certificates. For instance, those who have the appropriate vaccination certificate may not comply with quarantine and can travel freely within the European Union.
However, countries can still individually impose border crossing regulations. This is stated in the report of the Council of the European Union.
At the same time, in addition to vaccination, those who recovered from coronavirus and no more than 180 days have passed since the date of a positive test can also enter Europe. Moreover, those who have confirmed the presence of antibodies by test will be able to travel across Europe.
What vaccines have the EU approved
Vaccination with drugs approved by the EU will also become a condition for crossing the European Union borders. However, this list is likely to expand and all vaccines approved by WHO will be added to it.
The European Union has so far approved:
In Ukraine, population is vaccinated vaccinations with:
- Indian CoviShield;
- Chinese Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- American-German Pfizer/BioNTech;
- Italian AstraZeneca (recently registered by the Ministry of Health).
In what epidemic zone of the EU Ukraine is
Crossing of internal borders in the European Union will depend on the epidemic situation in the countries.
Countries are indicated by one of the four defined colors:
- green: if the 14-day notification rate is less than 50 per 100,000 population and the test positivity rate below 4%, or if the 14-day notification rate is less than 75 and the test positivity rate less than 1%;
- orange: if the 14-day notification rate is less than 50 and the test positivity rate is 4% or more. If the 14-day notification rate is between 50 and 75 and the test positivity rate is 1% or more. Or if the 14-day notification rate is between 75 and 200 and the test positivity rate is less than 4%;
- red: if the 14-day notification rate is between 75 and 200 and the test positivity rate is 4% or more; or if the 14-day notification rate is between 200 and 500;
- dark red: the threshold for this colour is maintained at a notification rate of more than 500.
At the same time, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal stated that Ukraine is in the green zone of the European Union.
"In accordance with the criteria of the European Union, Ukraine has also entered the green zone from now on. There is an indicator of 74.71 cases per 100,000 population while the EU criterion is 75 cases per 100,000 population."
The Prime Minister of Ukraine