The National Bank has published the top most profitable and lossmaking banks for the first half of 2021. For instance, the list of net profit was headed by the state-owned Privatbank, and Pravex Bank became the most lossmaking bank.
According to the regulator, as of July 1, Ukrainian banks made a total of 30.1 billion UAH in net profit, and that is 26% more than in the same period last year (then it was 23.8 billion UAH). At the same time, state-owned banks account for almost 14 billion UAH.
Top profitable Ukrainian banks:
- Privatbank—11.6 billion UAH;
- Raiffeisen Bank—2.3 billion UAH;
- Sberbank—2 billion UAH;
- PUMB—1.9 billion UAH;
- Universal Bank—1.65 billion UAH.
The most lossmaking Ukrainian banks:
- Pravex Bank—losses in the amount of 91.4 million UAH;
- СB "Zemelnyi Capital"—53 million UAH;
- Unex Bank—21.1 million UAH;
- BTA Bank—20.6 million UAH.
At the moment, 73 banks operate in Ukraine, 10 of them suffered losses during the reporting period.
Context. Recall that the financial results of banks for the six months of 2020 showed that Privatbank's profit decreased by 23.2% compared to 2019.