Today, the Verkhovna Rada will attempt to pass the law on the state budget for 2022. The VR subject committee recommended that the document be adopted in the second reading and as a whole.
"The Committee on Budget of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine recommended to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to pass in the second reading and as a whole the draft law on the state budget of Ukraine for 2022," Taras Melnychuk, the representative of the Cabinet of Ministers in the Rada, reported.
According to People's Deputy Yaroslav Zhelezniak, the number of departments that have got the largest increase in expenditures in the bill for the second reading include:
- Ministry of Infrastructure + additional 12.6 billion UAH (this amount includes 1 billion UAH for establishing the announced national air carrier),
- Ministry of Economy +5 billion UAH,
- Ministry of Health + 2.85 billion UAH,
- Ukravtodor (State Agency of Motor Roads of Ukraine) + 2.5 billion UAH,
- Ministry of Defense + 2.5 billion UAH,
- Cabinet of Ministers + 2.24 billion UAH (including 1 billion UAH provided for the State Film Agency),
- Ministry of Culture and Information Policy + 2.1 billion UAH,
- Ministry for Communities and Territories Development + 1.4 billion UAH,
- Ministry of Internal Affairs +1 billion UAH.
More money is provided for the state apparatus:
- Verkhovna Rada + 83.9 million UAH,
- State Management of Affairs 23.7 million UAH (including expenses for the Office of the President increased by 12.5 million UAH).
The National Security Council will get an additional 84 million UAH, and the Security Service of Ukraine—100 million UAH.
What other amendments have been made to the law on the state budget for 2022 before the second reading:
- 21% of income tax will be credited to the state budget "in order to sustainably go through the heating period of 2021/2022 and ensure timely payments for utilities and energy resources";
- state guarantees of the CMU are reduced to 40 billion UAH from 50 billion UAH;
- funds obtained within international assistance will not be allocated for a special fund;
- 3.2 billion UAH from the clause of the railway rolling stock renewal will be reallocated for ensuring road safety (2.5 billion) and for shipping locks (0.7 billion). Half of the special fund from the fines for traffic violations will be allocated for the renovation of the railway transport,
- funds from overfulfillment on excise duty will be given to the Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- additional 30 billion UAH is provided to the ceiling amount for issuing government bonds for the state housing and heat modernization programs.
Context. Today, December 2, the Verkhovna Rada will vote for the state budget-2022, bill No. 6297 on "one thousand for vaccinating", bill No. 6298 on amendments to the state budget-2021 (on money for roads and establishing a state-owned airline), amendments to the law "On High Council of Justice", etc.
"Do you remember how everyone was indignant that the authorities took 15 billion from the budget for roads in the fall? And then to add another 2 billion to this amount by the bill No. 6298. Well... yesterday, by the second reading, No. 6298 was amended and 2 billion rapidly turned into... 19 billion for the roads! Once again, from the 2021 Budget, in addition to everything, 19 billion will be allocated not for defense, nor for the border, not even for the entrepreneurs, but again for the roads," Zhelezniak added.