The Russian army is preparing to use obsolete Soviet military hardware over the heavy losses in the battles in the east ofUkraine.
This is reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (General Staff of the AFU).
"In order to restore their combat capabilities, the Russian Armed Forces are increasingly resorting to the use of Soviet-made military hardware that has been kept at storage bases since the 1970s. Considerable attention is being paid to increasing the capabilities of artillery and missile units to carry out continuous shelling of Ukrainian cities," the General Staff of the AFU specifies.
According to the data, during April, the Russian army demothballed the following depots:
- arsenal of weapon ordnance (WO) in Ussuriysk, Primorsky Krai — 18 self-propelled guns Msta-S were demothballed;
- 94th arsenal of the Main Missile and Artillery Directorate (GRAU) in Omsk — 28 self-propelled guns Akatsiya;
- 109th arsenal of the GRAU (Batareinaya station, Irkutsk region) — 15 Uragan MLRS and 11 Tochka-U battlefield rocket systems.
- arsenal of complex storage of WO (Gagarinsky, Sverdlovsk region). Here the enemy redeploys 15 self-propelled guns Msta-S, 5 self-propelled guns Akatsiya, and 20 self-propelled guns Gvozdika to the WO storage base in Novocherkassk ;
- the enemy redeploys to the settlement of Kyivskiy, Moscow region, an echelon consisting of: 6 MLRS Grad; 8 MLRS Uragan, and 7 units of Uragan MLRS transporter-loader vehicle. According to preliminary data, the military hardware has been removed from the arsenals of Western Military District.
In addition, military hardware for the troops of the Western Military District comes from the 239th mobilization deployment support center in Boguchar, Voronezh region, 45 km from the border with Ukraine. Maintenance and repairs are carried out by units of the 215th separate maintenance and repair battalion (Marshal Zhukov) 20A.