Late on the evening of March 29, powerful explosions were heard near Russian Belgorod and 20 km from the Ukrainian border.
The TASS agency published the following reports:
- 21:52. Explosions are heard from the village of Krasny Oktyabr in the Belgorod region, there are no casualties or destruction, the governor said.
- 22:10. Four servicemen were injured when a shell hit a military settlement in the Belgorod region, the source said. According to preliminary information, the shelling was delivered from the Ukrainian side.
- 22:18. The explosions in the Belgorod region have stopped, there are no preliminary victims among the villagers, authorities say.
At the same time, Russian Telegram channels reported about the hit of a Ukrainian missile at an ammunition depot.
Ukrainian journalist Yuriy Butusov posted on Facebook that the Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a strike with a Tochka-U missile at a depot of missile and artillery weapons of the Russian Armed Forces.
"Judging by the explosion and the remoteness of the depot, the 19th missile brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is conducting effective negotiations on the demilitarization and denazification of Russia. This is the format of negotiations Ukraine unanimously supports. The Ukrainians will take the Russian army straight to hell," Butusov said.
Today, on March 30, at 07:40, the RBC agency published a report citing the words of Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov about the explosions near Belgorod:
- according to unconfirmed information, there was a fire at an ammunition depot near the village of Krasny Oktyabr. Civil authorities are awaiting clarification from the Ministry of Defense;
- there is no destruction of residential and non-residential buildings in the village;
- there are no victims and affected among the civilian population.
"Of course, the incident alarmed half of Belgorod and the Belgorod region," the governor said.