The Interdepartmental Commission on International Trade (ICMT) approved a number of decisions in defense of the Ukrainian manufacturer at its last meeting. This refers to timposing new anti-dumping duties and suspending investigations on the import of certain goods into Ukraine.
The ICMT approved:
- the duty rate for Belarusian manufacturers and exporters of heat-insulating materials at the level of 35.41% (for 5 years);
- the customs duty rate for manufacturers and exporters of heat-insulating materials from Russia at the level of 76.38%;
- to stop the anti-dumping investigation into the import of aluminum stepladders from the PRC, Slovakia, Poland, and Belarus into the territory of Ukraine without taking measures;
- to extend the anti-dumping investigation on the import of coated carbon steel rolled products originating from China into our country for up to 15 months;
- the decision violation of the interim revision of anti-dumping measures for the import of table extra salt from Belarus.
In addition, the ICMT revised the results of the fact-finding investigations into discriminatory and / or unfriendly acts on the part of Belarus against manufacturers of nitrogen fertilizers, waterproofing and roofing materials. The Commission also considered a number of other problematic issues of the Ukrainian-Belarusian economic cooperation.
Context. At the beginning of the year, the court dismissed the claim of the management company of the holding Belarusian Cement Company and its importers to abolish anti-dumping duties (imposed by ICMT in May 2019).