The U.S. Department of Defense announced a new security assistance package for Ukraine. It includes HIMARS ammunition, artillery rounds, and anti-armor capabilities valued at up to $325 million.
This is the 36th drawdown of equipment from Pentagon inventories since August 2021.
What was included in the 36th U.S. aid package
- HIMARS — additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems;
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- AT-4 anti-armor weapon systems;
- Anti-tank mines;
- Demolition munitions for obstacle clearing;
- Over 9 million rounds of small arms ammunition;
- Four logistics support vehicles;
- Precision aerial munitions;
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Port and harbor security equipment;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
The United States will continue to work with its allies and partners to provide Ukraine with capabilities to meet its immediate battlefield needs and longer-term security assistance requirements, the Department of Defense emphasized.