The preparation for the counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is "going according to plan," but the plans themselves will be disclosed to the public when they are implemented. This was the answer the Chief of Defense Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Kyrylo Budanov, gave in an interview with NV when asked about the counteroffensive.
"Don’t listen to all the rubbish that is circulating over the Internet. Some say it’s going to start right away, and others say we’ve already canceled it. Neither of them understand the situation. Time will come, and you will see everything," he emphasized.
The Chief of Defense Intelligence reiterated his prediction from last year, when he said that the Ukrainian forces would enter Crimea in the spring of 2023:
"I still have time, don’t hurry. We have everything going according to our schedule. Let’s see how things will be going in the near future," said Budanov, adding that he had no other forecasts on the liberation of Crimea.
Budanov noted that Russia gave up its plans for an offensive and switched to a strategic defensive operation:
"On March 31, 2023, another attempted Russian offensive, the so-called winter and spring one, failed. They intended to reach the administrative borders of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. It’s not even the fifth failed attempt. Russia currently has no offensive potential for a strategic offensive operation, and it will not have one in the near future," Kyrylo Budanov emphasized.
The only goal Russia has now is to retain the occupied Ukrainian territories and disrupt the Ukrainian offensive.
At the end of February, Budanov predicted the next three months would be active and decisive for future developments.