Germany provided Ukraine with a new support package. Funding for the security capacity building initiative currently amounts to €5.4 billion for 2023 (after 2 billion Euros for 2022), and additional authorizations to enter commitments in the following years amount to 10.5 billion Euros.
The package includes deliveries from the Federal Armed Forces and from industry, as well as assistance measures together with partners, which have, inter alia, been financed from Federal Government funds for security capacity building.
The new arms delivery from Germany includes:
- ammunition for LEOPARD 1 tanks;
- 18 LEOPARD 2 A 6 main battle tanks with ammunition (German share in joint project with further LEOPARD 2 operators);
- 40 MARDER infantry fighting vehicles with ammunition (from Bundeswehr and industry stocks);
- 50 DINGO MRAP vehicles;
- 54 M113 armored personnel carriers each with 2 MG (systems of Denmark, upgrades financed by Germany);
- 118 MG3 machine guns for LEOPARD 2, MARDER and DACHS;
- spare parts for LEOPARD 2 and MARDER;
- 19 truck tractor trains 8x8 HX81 and 14 semi-trailers (before: 17);
- 14 THeMIS tracked and remote controlled infantry vehicles (before: 7);
- 64 Bandvagn 206 (BV206) tracked all-terrain vehicles;
- 66 Armored Personnel Carriers.