The German Federal Government published the list of military equipment and ammunition included in the new assistance package. The website of the government disclosed the list of weapons delivered to the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
German weapons delivered to Ukraine on May 23
- 1 TRML-4D air surveillance radar;
- 2 BIBER armored bridgelayers;
- 3 mine clearing systems;
- 54 VECTOR reconnaissance drones;
- 8 frequency range extensions for anti-drone devices;
- 6 border protection vehicles;
- 1 communications electronic scanner/jammer system;
- 2 load-handling trucks 8x6 with 20 rolls of containers;
- 17 truck tractor trains 8x8 HX81;
- 8 vehicles (trucks, minibusses, all-terrain vehicles);
- 34 pickup trucks;
- 8 Zetros trucks.
Weapons added to the plans for future supplies from Germany:
- 110 LEOPARD 1 main battle tanks (jointly financed with Denmark) and ammunition for them;
- 20 MARDER infantry fighting vehicles and ammunition;
- 4 IRIS-T SLM air defense systems and Iris-T SLM missiles;
- 12 Iris-T SLS launchers and Iris-T SLS missiles (from Bundeswehr and industry stocks);
- 5 TRML-4D air surveillance radars;
- 15 GEPARD self-propelled anti-aircraft guns;
- 20,000 155-mm projectiles;
- 5 bridges for BIBER bridge-laying tanks;
- 71 VECTOR reconnaissance drones;
- 13 reconnaissance drones;
- 10 unmanned surface vessels;
- 40 ground surveillance radars;
- 3 drone sensors;
- 1 Satcom surveillance system;
- 2,000 portable light systems;
- 11 M1070 Oshkosh tank transporter tractors;
- 30 tank trucks (water/fuel);
- 13 ambulances;
- continuing deliveries of medical material;
- 100 MG5 machine guns;
- 100 GMG grenade launchers;
- 11,000 group module rations.
The total defense assistance provided to Ukraine by the Federal Government in 2023 amounts to €5.4 billion, compared to €2 billion in 2022. In the future, the total amount will be increased to reach €10.5 billion.
Leopard 1 tanks to be delivered to Ukraine — video
The Ukrainian ambassador to Germany, Oleksii Makeiev, showed Leopard 1 tanks awaiting delivery to Ukraine at the Flensburg military base in Germany.