Germany delivered the Patriot air defense system to Ukraine, the website of the Federal Government reported on April 18.
According to the publication, the Patriot systems and missiles have been delivered to Ukraine during the last week.
In addition, Berlin reported that within the same period, it provided 16 Mercedes-Benz Zetros off-road trucks (Ukraine has already received a total of 76 trucks) and two border protection vehicles (Ukraine already has 124) as part of military aid to Ukrainian armed forces.
Specifications of the Patriot air defense system
- Maximum target interception range — 80 km (within the 90 degree sector);
- Minimum target interception range — 3 km;
- Maximum target interception altitude — 24 km;
- Minimum target interception altitude — 0.06 km;
- Number of simultaneously engaged targets — 8 (within the 90 degree sector);
- Success rate — 0.8 (0.4-0.6 in combat conditions);
- Missile weight — 912 kg;
- Missile weight loaded: 1696 kg;
- Diameter: 0.41 m;
- Length: 5.31 .;
- Speed: 3–5 M;
- Management by means of cross-shaped stabilizing tail planes;
- Swing of stabilizers: 0.87 m;
- Engine: Thiokol TX-486-1 solid-fueled rocket motor;
- Engine running time: 12 sec;
- Guidance System
- Midcourse — radio command;
- Terminal — radar;
- Warhead — fragmentation;
- Warhead battle charge — normal explosive substance;
- Fuse — proximity fuse;
- Container size — 0.99 m*1.09 m*6.1 m;
- Deployment time: 30 minutes.