As the Ukrainian counteroffensive draws closer, the United States has announced additional security assistance worth nearly $300 million.
The new package includes Hydra-70 unguided aircraft rockets and an undisclosed number of munitions for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), mortars, howitzers, rockets, and Carl Gustaf anti-armor rifles.
All the equipment will be drawn down from Pentagon inventories so that it can be delivered to the frontline as soon as possible.
The capabilities in this package include:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm Howitzers;
- 155mm artillery rounds;
- 120mm, 81mm, and 60mm mortar rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- AT-4 and Carl Gustaf anti-armor weapon systems;
- Hydra-70 aircraft rockets;
- Small arms and small arms ammunition;
- Demolition munitions for obstacle clearing;
- Trucks and trailers to transport heavy equipment;
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
The United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with capabilities to meet its immediate battlefield needs and longer-term security assistance requirements.