Banks may start blocking their customers' payment cards before stress testing that is due to begin in May. The main reasons for blocking may be a large sum of the card replenishment or atypical transactions.
In Ukraine, there is a risk-based approach to check account holders, according to the NBU decision.
The following can be considered as "risky":
- clients who do not want to provide additional documents;
- those who have many payment cards;
- those who cannot be contacted at the specified phone number and address;
- a client who requires service from a specific employee.
Also, the National Bank requires checking clients who:
- constantly carry out cash transactions for large, rounded amounts;
- for whom the volume of cash transactions on accounts is not the typical volume for such a client;
- regularly change small bills to large ones.
However, the regulator only provides general regulations, and banks, in turn, must adapt the requirements for themselves.